SedateUK launches a mobile app for healthcare professionals to log and audit sedation in just a few clicks.
- Dr Martin Lees, Dr Craig Cook and Nurse Andreia Trigo are the founders of SedateUK, a company establishing the national and international standard of reference in formal competency-based training in sedation.
- Investment from Innovate UK’s Fast Grant award, as part of the government’s ambition to give more support to small businesses, was awarded.
- The award contributed to the development of a mobile app for sedation practitioners.
- This new free app allows professionals to log sedation cases in a few clicks, keep a record for proof of ongoing skill and track complications.
- Hospital managers also have access to a digital platform to audit sedation performance and identify areas that need improvement.
- For the first time ever, we can see national anonymised data intelligence on the state of sedation practice in the UK
- The SEDlog app will be launched on the 6th March 2023
SedateUK is delighted to announce the launch of a new mobile app and digital platform, backed by Innovate UK’s Fast Grant award.
Dr Martin Lees, co-founder of SedateUK, says:
“Since 2014, SedateUK has been addressing the need for formal training in drug administration, patient monitoring and complications management. Since then, SedateUK ran over 60 Safe Sedation Courses and formally trained over 1000 healthcare professionals” Martin Lees
Dr Craig Cook, co-founder of SedateUK added:
“Sedation guidelines were issued in 2013 and updated in 2021, highlighting the need for professionals to keep a logbook of their sedation cases and to perform regular audits of practice. Currently, professionals keep a paper logbook which makes it challenging to be used as evidence of ongoing skill and to process data for audits. For this reason, hospitals/clinics don’t run regular audits, which makes it more difficult to identify areas of practice that need improvement.” Craig Cook
Nurse Andreia Trigo, co-founder of SedateUK added:
“This mobile app is a true innovation in regtech, as it allows professionals to meet their regulatory requirements in just a few clicks. They are able to keep a digital record of their sedation cases and audit practice. For the first time ever, we are able to see national anonymised data intelligence on the state of sedation practice in the UK”. Andreia Trigo
The Fast Grant award is a key part of Innovate UK’s commitment to help small businesses develop highly innovative ideas that have a clear route to commercialisation through business growth.
Get in touch with SedateUK: email@example.com
Register to attend the launch: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/40/gv68qhx9
About Innovate UK:
Innovate UK is the UK’s national Innovation agency. The Fast Grant award allows UK registered small and micro businesses to apply for up to £50,000 for affordable, adoptable and investable innovations in net zero and Healthcare.